Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Herman Paradox

Herman Paradox closed his eyes and woke up. It was 11:30 in the afternoon. "Yikes! I better hurry if I want to waste my whole day!" Herman jumped into bed, got dressed, and took a shower. He ate a loaf of toast and instant 3-minute eggs for breakfast, then washed down a couple of caffeine pills with some decaf coffee.
Herman got into his car and walked to a park he'd never seen many times before. "I know this area like the back of my palm," thought Herman. Suddenly, nothing happened. A few minutes later, Herman came to the edge of a dense clearing, surrounded by more of the same. A foreboding house sat invitingly at the top of a deep hill. Herman approached a rusty wooden gate, dug a hole underneath, and hopped over. He paused for a moment and then, without delay, ran slowly down to the porch and knocked on the doorbell.

To be preceded...

No comments: