Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Music in the room of dreams

There's a small collection of vinyl records in the room in my dreams, which I frequently play while planning my next dream. One of my favorites is a very old 45, "O As My Tears Run Dry" by Rose Pocket and Lee. It's a beautiful song, but I can never remember the words or melody after waking up. The only thing I can recall about the song is that it describes a lock being opened by tears.

There's another album on its own shelf, separate from the others, which I'm afraid to even look at, let alone play. It's called "The Last Song" and I believe that may literally be what it is. It gives me the creeps.

1 comment:

Sleepy said...

thanks sneaky. you just gave me the creeps too. haha. i didn't know you still updated your blog. actually it's because i misplaced the link and happened to remember it suddenly, randomly. only you would have a dictionary in your dreams, but what a wonderful dictionary. btw i finally read hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and delighted in its hilarious lunacy. i needed some fresh ideas. studying lawcrap (yes that is a new word) is killing my imagination, draining it of its life force. thanks for helping me remember i was imaginative once.